Kinds of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests depositing and/or sharing specific content on a server handled by a website hosting provider. There are different groups of hosting services used for various aims, so let's have a look at them. Thus, you can pick what you want, depending on whether you wish to establish a web page, e-mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by particular file storage providers, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans often include adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific stretch of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely inaccurate interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would divide the load between separate packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a variety of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given companies provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is good if you wish to share a large quantity of images with buddies or colleagues since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to handling your emails. Some distributors provide web space hosting services for sites, but do not offer an email service. If you wish to own an email address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to use as many video files as you wish without hassling about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to keep a site. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At hosting-people, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for particular content solely.